May 10, 2015

On this Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day and although I feel so blessed to have a mother who would do pretty much anything for family and for those she cares about I was also reminded about how amazingly beautiful being a mom can be. This past year was different from the rest. Maybe it because my children are getting older? Maybe it's because the last year has been such a struggle for me to go from 2-3 children?  I'm not really sure. Maybe both. For the past year I have struggled with finding the balance between house work and my life as a wife and mother. It all blends together but finding that balance is what helps us moms keep our sanity ;-) At times I really feel like I'm failing. I go to bed wondering if I spent enough time with each child. Did they get enough from me that day.? I go to bed usually with dishes still piled high and mounds of laundry to be put away. It drives me crazy and stresses me out a little. But then, in the middle of the night when Parker wakes up crying and cries out, "mama!" when I walk into his room all the mess seems to vanish. This year Emma and Gracd made me card after card.  "Happy Mother's Day Mama! I love you so much! You look so beautiful, Mama.  Mama, I love how smart you are, you read the best stories!" What amazing things to hear from their sweet little voices. It was by far the most amazing thing to hear, just when I thought I needed to be doing more, needed to have a cleaner house and play more with the kids. When I thought the only way I could do it was to sleep about 3 hours a night, (hahaha, and that wasnt going to happen) these little fingers reached up for my hand and told me just what I needed to hear. All the hugs, all the kisses, all the cuddles, and all the sweet words my children told me today, where the best Mother's day gift they could have given me! So happy Mother's Day to all those mamas, out there. You are loved, You are beautiful, You are smart, and You read the best stories. Maybe you have lots of dishes piled in your sink and lots of laundry on you couch, but your children don't care! They care about all the times you played games and colored and sang songs with them. They care about the events you went to and camping trips you went on. They care about the times you let them crawl into your bed in the early hours morning, just to snuggle for an hour or so. They care about all the small things that you do for them and all the love that you give them. Let's try to remember that this year and every year after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...