January 22, 2015

A note to my son

You lay rubbing your eyes and we rock while you fill you lungs and give your vocal cords a good stretch! It's midnight and you woke up @10:45 thinking it was time to play, only crash hard and VERY load! I'm not sure I will be able to hear out of my right ear come tomorrow. I could get frustrated at this point in time. Get loud and tell you, "that's enough already!" But at almost 9 months old, you won't understand. It will just make you more mad. Instead I take a deep breath and wisper in you ear that it will be ok! The screaming continues until I try to breastfeed you... again. Your one comfort seeing as a bottle, sippy, or Binkie are out of the question. It's soothing to you, but you are still so mad; you continue to grunt and squirm all the while. It's moments like these when it's so easy to get frustrated! To let the sleep exhaustion get to you! But I'm relieved to have taken a nap today while you and your sisters slept. It wasn't much, but it's sure helping me get through this moment. 


So why am I telling you all if this? Because in years to come, you wil find a different comfort whether it be a stuffed animal, a Dino or a Nija, a blanket or a action figure. The point is, one day we won't be nursing anymore, I won't be your only comfort and some how, some way...I will miss this moment! I will miss the feel of your 20 pound body laying on top on mine. I will miss the feel of you chest against mine as our hearts beat as one. It won't be that long, 2 maybe 3 years. You will still love me, but you will be able to love other things that will make you as happy as I do in this very moment. And then again, some how, some way... We will grow together and I will be happy in the moments we share then. Knowing that those too will pass and I will want to remember all of the details. So cry, love, eat, sleep, giggle, and scream...it's all of these moments that make up one amazing little life! I love you so much and I wouldn't trade these late nights for anything in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...