January 15, 2015

Late night rain

The rain is falling hard on the sky light and the music in the other room plays soffy. I think of today and I can't help but regret how I let the stress get to me today. It's time to take a second or two and reflect. I've chosen to pick 5 good things that happened today! 

1. I got to listen to the kids play together as the sun broke through the windows. It's one of my top 5 favorite sounds! 

2. A shower. If you have any kind of stress in your life, need I say more? Especially moms! I loved showers before I had kids, but I think I love them 100 times more now as a mom! 

3. We are on the road to healthier living. After 2 weeks of the crud following my family around it's on it's way out the door

4. Snuggles and giggles. Should almost be counted as indiviudual items but hearing them and feeling them are the best. We need to relish in them more often 

5. A movie night with my husband. My best friend. My love. 

With the stress of sick kids and sick adults we loose our tempers. We do and say things we aren't happy about. Things get muddy. Much like what it would be if I stepped outside right now. I would feel the fat heavy rain on my body slowly weighing me down. But in the same few moments it would be soothing...cleansing...and I would know, that in the end I will dry off and soon,  tomorrow or even in a few hours, everything will be ok! There may be mud in your life, but after a heavy rain there is always fresh clean air to breathe into your lungs and renew your spirit! Maybe that's what I love most! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...