September 21, 2014

The blessings in our lives

So many times, when things aren't going so well, we forget about the wonderful blessings in our life. About how some of the smallest acts of kindness or words of encouragement can change our entire day. Today, as I was in church and I started to think about all the wonderful things in my life I have been blessed with a strong marriage, a loving family, wonderful children, my health, and my heart. Wait? What?! Did I just say my heart?!? 

Yep! My heart is so blessed! Somehow, some way, it continues to grow in ways I didn't know it could. When Sean and I got married it was one of the happiest days of my life. I knew, through thick and thin, Sean would be there! The love I have for him is a forever kind of love. The kind you hear of and see in the movies... Like in The Notebok. Yes, I just made that reference, but if you've seen it you know what I mean! After having Emma I thought, I could never love another child as much as I love her! I was worried when we had Grace that maybe I wouldn't be able to love her as well as I loved Emma. But the Lord blessed my heart and it must have grown 400% because I love them both so much! It's crazy how even on the worst of days they can make me smile, laugh, and yes, even love them more! Then we had Parker. And I thought how is this going to work? Sean will be gone the majority of the day and I will be completely out numbered! How will I be able to give them all as much love as they need to grow and to learn to love each other if I can not love them all equally? Well, I think when you go into labor and you have a baby, your body goes through so many changes And maybe you don't realize how much your heart is growing. Or better yet, maybe when you have a baby (through labor or even adoption) part of your heart is transferred into your child and there is no physical way that you cannot love them with everything you have! 

Then when everything seems to be going right, something happens. For us, it's usually a lay off. No job and no money makes for a stressful life. But always in my heart, I know God has a plan and he will provide work when we need it. And He does! Maybe, when times are hard, it's a time for our hearts to recharge. For us to find the things that really matter to us and hold onto them as tight as we can. When we work but we don't find time to rest and to take life in, we forget about all the important stuff. And the next the time you want to count your blessing, thank God for the love in your heart. The next time things seem to horrible and you think how can this be a good thing... Take a second and recharged. Trust that He has a plan and there is always a loving heart in that plan! 


A huge piece of my heart 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...