September 24, 2014

Birthday


My first birthday! 
Tomorrow I turn 30! I can't believe it! Some would be sad they are leaving their twenties behind and are getting to that stage that so many think is old! I remember when I was a little kid, I thought 30 was ancient! Emma thinks 15 is ancient and it cracks me up when she tries to use age as a reference to things being so grown up. "Mommy when I'm 15 can I..." When I get married I'm going to be so old! Like 17 years old!" "You think I could start drinking pop when I'm old, maybe like 13 or something..."  

But instead if being sad, I think it's time to start getting excited. Don't get me wrong, turning 30 can sound pretty daunting, but I'm sad for other reasons. A lot of wonderful things happened in my 20's and it's sad to see them go... I graduated college, got married, got a dog, bought a house, had three beautiful children, and ....lived happily ever after.... The end! Hahaha! Just kidding! 

However, I can't help but think, if being 20+ was so great, why can't 30+ be 10 times better? We may not have big birthday plans like I originally wanted, but being with my family, having a laid back kind of night with some amazing cake, yeah... I could go for that! My littles will get older and spending a special day with their mom, might not be something they will want to do when they turn 30 😩. So yeah, I'm going to enjoy this special day that's all about me. I know, it sounds a little selfish... Ok a lot selfish... But why not? Having a day about yourself can help put things into perspective... This year it's going to help me see all that I have achieved and all that I can achieve in the near future! 🎉🎁👍🎈

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...