December 25, 2014

Christmas morning

It's Christmas morning and as the sun peaks through my curtains I lay awaiting the sounds of my children waking up. Their little bodies are still and restful. I hear a little yawn and I know soon all the excitement will begin! As a child I looked forward to getting as many presents as I could, but as an adult I look forward to seeing Christmas through my child's eyes. I enjoy my littlest cozying up next to me; sharing our warmth with each other. Christmas morning is about to begin! 

Sean and I sneak into the girls' room awaking them with hugs, kisses, and a simple, "it's Christmas." Their sleepy eyes light up with excitement, asking, "Did Santa come last night?"  As we all head to the living room, sequels of pure adolescent joy emerges from Emma. I think Grace in shock because she has ever seen so many presents!

 The first thing they unwrapp is from Santa! Bikes!!  My heart burns with happiness, growing inside me so I dont burst. At breakfast I remind them that all though we get lots of nice things there is more to Christmas then just gifts. Emma says, "oh I know mama! It's about loving, sharing, family, and Jesus's Birthday! (Love that smart little cookie!) 

 As Sean and I finish our breakfast, Emma and Grace take their bikes for a test run around the house. The rest of the day is filled with fun, excitement, and lots of play time! They go to bed with a full belly and smiles on their faces. I'm so thankful for them, the family we have (near and far) who love them, and everything Christmas reminds us of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...