August 22, 2014

Loving every minute of it

Today was just me and the kids all day. Sean has been working a crazy amount of hours and he was home for 1 hour before they went to bed. So today we played outside, watched movies, all three took a nap and I got to shower!!!! It was the perfect mid-day pick me up. Emma had a dress rehearsal and tomorrow is her first ever dance recital at the Oregon State Fair! Somehow, some way, she is growing up to fast! It makes me sad to see her grow so fast, so I try to really take in all the little moments we have together. The moment when she comes up to me just to give me a kiss and tell me she loves me. The moments when I see her playin with her sister and reading to her so sweetly! The moments when she is talking to Parker and he is cooing back at her. Both smiling and then she says, "and then tell me what happened Parker?" And he giggles and keeps on cooing. I know I will have moments like these with all my children, but for some reason I see my first baby growing way to fast for this mama! As I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher today I was a little annoyed with all the "top shelf only" kids cups, plates, and bowls and in the middle of my annoyance I suddenly told myself to shut up because one day there won't be anymore kids cups, plates or bowls. The kids will all be grown and I will be left with just the memories of their tiny bodies runny into my arms and loving every minute of it! 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to miss when mine grow up too. I think about all the little things that bug me, and they won't be there soon. So like you, I am trying to enjoy every minutiae I can.

    ReplyDelete

Fall is Near

I can feel the cooler weather coming.  I can picture the leaves changing colors. Each season has its beauty; its challenges.  Through the ch...